Sign-ups open on Tuesday the 14th and tentatively close on Friday the 24th (earlier if the 100 participant cap is met). This is so I can get assignments out before or by Labor Day weekend, at the latest (September 1st-ish for non-Americans). If the participant cap is not met by the 24th, I may accept late participants into the fest, provided assignments are not yet completed.
1. Fanfic should be:
- At least 2000 words in length, beta read/free of spelling and grammar issues. Artists have no minimum requirement, but should think of the "under 2000 words" equivalent as something that is merely a sketch or done in MSPaint. In either case, you should put real effort into your gift!
- It should also contain any and all HTML that you wish included (such as italics). We will NOT go back and edit these in for you; your fic will be posted as it is received.
- Not part of a series, or a sequel to a fic that the giftee may not be familiar with.
- Based on the prompt originally assigned to you. No switching prompts/recipients or having a writer write fic for your art without consulting with the mod first.
2. We are using staggered submission deadlines this time round - those who partcipated in round two will have a later deadline than those who are new to the fest. First timer's submissions are due by November 10. Second time participants submissions are due by November 20.
3. While there is no official extension cap for this round, the mod assumes the right to approve and deny extensions (and multiple extensions) as she sees fit. Behaviour from the last round of hd_hols will have a bearing on how lenient I am with your extension - if you strung us along last time, I am less likely to be generous.
4. Anyone who dropped out or was kicked out of hd_hols round two is not eligible to participate (see list below). Anyone who dropped out of round one, however, can have a second chance - but we may ask about the circumstances of your dropping out. Also, if you are known to be a frequent sign-up-and-runner, we may not allow you to participate.
Those who are ineligible to participate this round are:
5. Submissions should be emailed to hdhols at gmail.com. You can also contact NQ directly with comments and questions.
Please think very carefully before you sign up, and please only do so if you can make the commitment.
Read r_becca's guide to being a good fest participant for starters. Think about your own writing abilities, how fast/slow you write and how good you are at meeting deadlines, because there is nothing more frustrating to a mod than the flaky and inconsistent. We got really lucky on the last round and most of you were fabulous – I'm hoping for more of the same!
Round three sign-up form
Round three is a SPOILER ROUND, so please read Deathly Hallows before you sign up.
- Please fill in every required field, and if you are asking for art or have no preference please include some prompts that lend themselves to artistic interpretation. I've had some very frustrated artists report that their recipients prompts are all fic-specific. Give some visual scenarios/ideas, including if you've listed you'd like to receive either.
- Proxy sign-ups ARE allowed, so if you are going to be away during the sign-up period, you may ask a friend to sign up on your behalf.
- This is new, but you MUST put your age/make an age statement. No one under the age of 18 can write/draw and/or receive NC-17 work. We are not going to make this an 18+ fest, seeing as about half of the submissions are usually PG-13 or under, but in light of all the LJ kerfluffles, we need to be safe. I'm very sorry to those who live in European countries – I know your age of consent laws are different than the United States' and if it weren't for how hardcore and uncouth LJ is being of late, I would make special exceptions for you. But as things are, I'm afraid I can't :(
Please note that you should use the field regarding post-Deathly Hallows preferences to note whether you'd like epilogue compliant fic, fic set during DH canon, after the end of the war but before the epilogue, etc. Basically give your writer/artist guidelines for how they should take into account Deathly Hallows canon when creating your gift (this will also help me better pair up people in the epilogue-what-epilogue camp, etc. :D) You are also free to note here that you'd like a complete AU fic that disregards DH altogether.
This is the sign-up template only, DO NOT SIGN-UP ON THIS ENTRY. The official sign-up entry will go up on the 14th.
Please feel free to comment with any questions or comments.